Blog #2 Continued...
A few of my favorite Tillandsias:
1) T. baileyi is native to Texas and Northern Mexico. It has a thick base and can grow to be large but is often only found in small sizes to purchase. The leaves are thick and have more of a fuzzy white appearance than other Tillandsias which is caused by little light reflecting hairs (indumentum).
2) T. andreana is short and spherical in shape with a bright coral flower. It is native to Columbia where it nestles itself in rocks and cliffs and is one of the most commonly sold Tillandsias in the trade.
3) T. caput-medusae is widely available where Tillandsias are sold. The leaves are long, curvy and colorful. Simply gorgeous, even when not in flower. A slow grower and usually more expensive than others, but oh so worth it!
4) T.bulbosa has a really cool form and is more forgiving of neglect and drought than others. When they are in bloom the leaves surrounding the flower turn a bright red to attract hummingbirds. Native to Belize.
5) T.usneoides or Spanish Moss, as I previously mentioned, is only considered dangerous to it’s host tree if it is growing heavily as it can shade and weaken the tree and cause limbs to break. This air plant is a real beauty, providing a romantic, story-book appearance. Give this guy plenty of air, space and water.
I'm a title. Click here to edit me
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. Feel free to drag and drop me anywhere you like on your page. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
This is a great space to write long text about your company and your services. You can use this space to go into a little more detail about your company. Talk about your team and what services you provide. Tell your visitors the story of how you came up with the idea for your business and what makes you different from your competitors. Make your company stand out and show your visitors who you are.
At Wix we’re passionate about making templates that allow you to build fabulous websites and it’s all thanks to the support and feedback from users like you! Keep up to date with New Releases and what’s Coming Soon in Wixellaneous in Support. Feel free to tell us what you think and give us feedback in the Wix Forum. If you’d like to benefit from a professional designer’s touch, head to the Wix Arena and connect with one of our Wix Pro designers. Or if you need more help you can simply type your questions into the Support Forum and get instant answers. To keep up to date with everything Wix, including tips and things we think are cool, just head to the Wix Blog!